What do I do once I have bought my ticket?
Now that you have purchased your ticket; you must make a booking for your first section on the bus. We recommend that this is done at least 72 hours prior to your intended departure.
TELEPHONE - You can contact the Baz Bus Reservation hotline and book your sections with a Baz Bus consultant. Please quote your voucher number. Baz Bus Reservation hotline: Local: 0861 BAZ BUS (0861 229 287) International: +27 21 422 5202 and our office hours are: Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm Sat - Sun: 8am - 8pm
SMS - SMS your booking to 076 427 3003. The following details are required:
First name & surname
Date of trip
Hostel pick up
E.g. WEB519, John Cooper, 03/02/06, Highfield B/P to Plettenberg Bay
We will book your seat on the Baz Bus system and SMS you a confirmation during our office hours only:
E.g. WEB519 booking confirmed, John Cooper, 03/02/06, Highfield B/P to Plettenberg Bay CNF29461 Thanx Janine
EMAIL - Email your booking request to email@example.com. Seat bookings are only confirmed once you have received a seat confirmation number for section of your journey via email. The following details are required:
First name & surname
Date of trip
Hostel pick up
For further seat bookings, you will need to quote your:
- Ticket number
- Pick up point
- Date of travel
- Your next stop
You can book more than one journey at a time, if you know your hostel of departure, date of departure & next stop. If you have a voucher, hand it to your Baz Bus driver on your first day of travel in exchange for a Baz Bus ticket.
Who can I contact if I need help?
Our consultants work especially late, so you can phone in your booking request way after the sun has gone down. Our office number is: Local: 0861 BAZ BUS (0861 229 287) International: +27 21 422 5202 and our office hours are Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm and Sat & Sun: 8am - 8pm.
You can also email us Monday to Friday on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attend to your request. After hours, please contact our office directly: Local: 0861 BAZ BUS (0861 229 287) International: +27 21 422 5202
What are the procedures if I need to change my travel date and/or hostel pick up points?
For Hop-on Hop-off tickets and travel passes you can change your travel date and your pick up point so long as this is done before the initial travel date booked. Any date changes to your 4 day Kruger National Park Wildlife Safari tour or to your 7 day Chobe National Park and Victoria Falls tour or to your 11 day Kruger & Chobe & Victoria Falls tour must be made at least 30 days in advance.
To make the change, you need to contact our hotline (+ 27 21 422 5202), give them your ticket number and the change requested. They will make the change and will give you a revised confirmation number to confirm the change.
You are required to keep your new confirmation numbers as proof of the change.
How do I know my seat is confirmed?
Once you book your seat, you will be issued with a seat confirmation number for each stretch. Only once you receive this number is your seat confirmed for the date you would like to travel. You may be asked to confirm this number when boarding the bus.
What do I do if I lose my Baz Bus ticket?
If you lose your Baz Bus ticket, please contact our hotline to report this (+ 27 21 422 5202). A consultant will issue with a reference number to use for your next journey. Once you get on the bus you will need to quote this reference number. The driver will then write out a new ticket for you.
What are the terms and conditions?
No refund will be given for a cancellation made after 24 hours of purchase.
- Seats should be booked at least 72 hours in advance to avoid disappointment.
- The 4 day Kruger National Park Wildlife Safari tour and the 7 day Chobe National Park and Victoria Falls tour and the 11 day Kruger & Chobe & Victoria Falls tour included in the Wildlife Safari & Adventure packages should be booked at least 1 month in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Please note: drivers cannot take bookings or recommend hostels. All bookings must be made through our Cape Town Head Office by telephone. Any bookings by e-mail or fax are subject to confirmation. We will not be held responsible for passengers left behind as a result of unconfirmed bookings.
- Buses will depart by scheduled times. Buses will not wait for passengers who are not ready to depart at the scheduled time.
- In the event of a bus running behind schedule, every attempt will be made to keep passengers informed but we accept no liability for any inconvenience in this regard.
- Passengers are picked up and dropped off at the venues specified on the Arrival and Departure Points and must be ready to leave from these departure points at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure times.
- A "no show" for any booked section of the journey (without prior cancellation) will result in loss of that section of the journey and a new ticket will have to be purchased for that section.
- Price Lists and Timetables are subject to change without prior notification and must be confirmed at the time of making the booking.
- For our full list of Terms and Conditions please refer to our terms and conditions page.